Youth Workers - Dunedin
Closes: 18 November, 2020 at 4:00 PM
We want you if you have:
- Experience working with children and young people and/or a relevant qualification
- An understanding of trauma informed support
- Problem solving skills in a challenging work environment
- Experience utilising de-escalation strategies
- An understanding of the importance of clear boundaries
- A desire to make a difference
- Knowledge of youth justice and Oranga Tamariki processes (beneficial but not essential)
As a youth worker you will be working alongside young people (12yrs – 17yrs) to assist them to develop and practice skills including; behaviour management, communication, coping strategies and problem solving. Working in 24/7 youth services the role will involve a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and sleepovers.
Applicants must have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Must be able to work shift work and weekend work
Community Care Trust works in partnership with young people and adults in Dunedin, Central Otago, and Southland who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
The Youth Worker vacancies will be advertised until the positions are filled.
Starting rate is $20.50 - $25.50 dependent on qualifications and/or experience.