Youth Workers - Dunedin
Closes: 16 July, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Are you looking for rewarding and purposeful work in an organisation that truly recognises the value of all employees?
- A positive team environment, opportunities for connection and sharing skills
- Comprehensive training for people seeking a career change
- Freedom and responsibility in the workplace
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Central Otago, Southland and Dunedin who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
If you have a genuine belief in the philosophy of “full inclusion” for people with disabilities and wish to be part of a team environment, then please apply.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
All applicants must have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Must be able to work shift work and weekend work
Support Workers Youth – Casual, Part Time, Full Time
- As a youth worker you will be working alongside teenagers (12 years – 17 years) to assist them to develop and practice skills
- Option to increase hours to full time, if desired, as we continue to grow
We want you to have:
- Previous experience working with rakatahi and tamariki and/or a relevant qualification
- An understanding of trauma informed support
- Problem solving skills in a challenging work environment
- An understanding of the importance of clear boundaries
- Knowledge of youth justice and Oranga Tamariki processes (beneficial but not essential)
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, professional supervision and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.
Starting rate is $21.50 - $27 dependent on qualifications and/or experience.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please email email@example.com