Team Leader - Youth Services Full Time, Dunedin
Closes: 22 October, 2020 at 5:00 PM
We want you if you have:
- An understanding of trauma informed support
- Leadership experience in the social services sector
- Problem solving skills in a challenging work environment
- Experience utilising de-escalation strategies
- An understanding of the importance of clear boundaries
- Knowledge of youth justice and Oranga Tamariki processes
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with peers and external stakeholders
- The ability to advocate and promote the voice of the young person at professional meetings
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- A relevant tertiary qualification (preferred)
As Team Leader, Youth Services you will be responsible for leading a team of youth workers working alongside rangatahi (12yrs – 17yrs), to assist them to develop and practical skills including; behaviour management, communication, coping strategies and problem solving.
Youth Services include emergency transition housing as well as 24/7 supported accommodation. Although the position is primarily Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5.00pm a level of flexibility is required including shift cover to maintain responsiveness.
Applicants must have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
Community Care Trust works in partnership with young people and adults in Dunedin, Central Otago, and Southland who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Applications close 5pm, Thursday, 22 October 2020.