Supported Living Part Time - Dunedin
Closes: 27 September, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Looking for rewarding and purposeful work in an organisation that truly recognises the value of all employees?
By joining our Supported Living team you would help support people who require 24/7 support in their homes and in the community.
• A positive team environment, opportunities for connection and sharing skills
• Freedom and responsibility in the workplace
• An opportunity to share your hobbies/passions in the workplace
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Otago, Southland, and Central Otago who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. This role involves working alongside people to ensure they live the life they want, that they achieve their dreams and aspirations, and that they are a valued and contributing person within their community.
Please note that the specific needs of the person being supported require that they have only female staff.
We want you if you have:
- An outgoing and positive personality, paired with calm and gentle communication skills
- The ability and willingness to go swimming
- High levels of motivation
- Good resilience and self-confidence
- The ability to utilise problem-solving, and solutions focused-thinking in a challenging work environment
- Good assertiveness and initiative
- The ability to support someone to complete personal cares
- The desire to make a difference in someone's life
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, peer mentoring, and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.
We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
If you have a genuine belief in the philosophy of “full inclusion” for people with disabilities and wish to be part of an awesome team, then please apply.
Applicants must have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- Full current NZ Driver Licence and be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Must be able to work shift work and weekend work
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Starting rate is $21.50 - $27.00 dependent on qualifications and/or experience.
If you have any questions regarding this position, email email@example.com or call 03 466 3055.
Applications close: 4 pm, Monday 27th September 2021