Support Worker - Independent Living Dunedin
Closes: 7 October, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic motivated person to work in the community.
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Otago, Southland and Central Otago who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. This role involves working alongside people to ensure they live the life they want, that they achieve their dreams and aspirations and that they are a valued and contributing person within their community.
Community Care Trust aims to provide a strong values based positive workplace, with opportunities for personal and career development. We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Applicants must have:
• Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
• Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
• Sound knowledge of the Dunedin Community
• Sense of humour, a good work ethic and integrity
• Good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
• To be able to show initiative.
• Must be able to work some weekend hours.
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, professional supervision and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.