Salaried Support Worker Dunedin
Closes: 28 May, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic motivated person to work in the community
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Otago, Southland and Central Otago who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. This role involves working alongside people to ensure they live the life they want, that they achieve their dreams and aspirations and that they are a valued and contributing person within their community. Community Care Trust aims to provide a strong, values based positive workplace, with opportunities for personal and career development. We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees. If you have a genuine belief in the philosophy of “full inclusion” for people with disabilities and wish to be part of a team environment, then please apply. Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied. Due to ongoing growth in Supported Living Dunedin, we are seeking to appoint new salaried support workers to support this growth. The function of this role is primarily to cover staff leave. A roster is provided 2-3 weeks in advance however at times there may be changes made to cover short notice staff leave and ensure that we remain responsive to any new referrals.
You will form part of a supportive team and join an existing pool of permanent relievers.
This role will suit you if:
• You are seeking a permanent salaried position.
• You love variety and working across a range of male support services.
Full-time is preferable however we would be open to having a discussion with applicants that may prefer a part-time position, which could involve a mix of fixed shifts and permanent reliever days.
Applicants must have:
• Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
• Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
• Be prepared to be flexible when short notice shift changes occur;
• Be prepared to work as a team to ensure all aspects of this role are fulfilled in a professional capacity that will ensure the people being supported, and therefore CCT, are receiving/providing responsive and quality services at all times;
• Be a positive role model to staff at all times;
• Have sound communication skills, both written and verbal;
• Have the ability to plan, prioritise and manage complex workloads effectively;
• Be patient, and people focused;
• Have a sense of humour, a good work ethic and integrity;
• Have a reasonable level of fitness;
• Be able to maintain strong professional boundaries;
• Be able to work under pressure;
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, professional supervision and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.
Remuneration will be determined by the level of qualification held by the applicant.
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further please contact Tenzin Mullin, Service Manager email@example.com Applications accepted via our website only.
Applications close at 4 pm on Friday 28th May 2021