Independent Living Support Worker – Dunedin
Closes: 4 March, 2020 at 4:00 PM
Community Care Trust aims to provide a strong, values based positive workplace, with opportunities for personal and career development. We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
If you have a genuine belief in the philosophy of “full inclusion” for people with disabilities and wish to be part of a team environment, then please apply.
A background of working in the field of development/intellectual disability is not necessary, however having a genuine belief that we should include people who have an intellectual disability in everyday life is.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Applicants must have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Sense of humour, a good work ethic and integrity
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- High levels of self-initiative and motivation
- A desire to make a difference
- Must be able to work shift work and weekend work
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, professional supervision and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.