Health & Safety Advisor Dunedin - Part time position – 20 hours per week
Closes: 25 January, 2021 at 10:00 AM
We want you if you have:
- High levels of motivation
- Problem solving skills in a challenging work environment
- The ability to engage a broad range of staff to foster a positive health and safety culture
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Dunedin, Central Otago, and Southland who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. We provide a strong, values based workplace, with opportunities for personal and career development. We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
The Health and Safety Advisor is responsible for working across teams to foster engagement and participation in all aspects of health and safety that enables a safe workplace for all staff and people who come into contact with CCT services.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Sound communication skills;
- The ability to plan, prioritise and manage complex workloads effectively;
- Strong documentation and reporting skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of current legislation
- A high level of self-motivation and a desire to achieve and exceed expectations;
- An ability to work unsupervised as well as within a team
- A full current NZ driver license (essential);
- A current first aid certificate (or be willing to obtain one);
- Previous experience in a Health and Safety position is preferred.
The successful applicant will receive training and orientation, and opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Applications close 10 am on Monday 25th January 2020