Employment Facilitator Dunedin - Full-time
Closes: 4 June, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic motivated person to work in the community
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Otago, Southland and Central Otago who need some support to achieve their goals. Due to recent expansion, we are now seeking applications for the role of Employment Facilitator. This role involves:
- Promoting the benefits of employing disabled people and building natural supports in the workplace
- Working in partnership with disabled people to get a job and develop a career of their choice
- Providing a personalised service - individually tailored and ongoing "on the job" support to maintain a job.
- Encouraging and understanding the importance of work as an achievable outcome.
Community Care Trust aims to provide a values-based and positive workplace, with opportunities for personal and career development. We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Applicants must have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Good presentation, interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- High levels of self-initiative and ability to prioritise complex workloads
- Flexibility to respond to peoples support needs at various times and days
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, professional supervision and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.
Starting rate for an Employment Facilitator is $20.50 per hour. After completion of our internal training within six months, you will gain a relevant Level 3 qualification with which your pay rate will increase to $23 per hour.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 28th May 2021