SUPPORTED LIVING SERVICE - TEAM LEADER, DUNEDIN
Closes: 5 June, 2023 at 5:00 PM
SUPPORTED LIVING SERVICE
Full Time Position
Kia ora koutou/Hello & Greetings, are you wanting a new challenge or looking to grow your leadership skills?
We have an exciting opportunity for a new Team Leader as part of our Dunedin Supported Living team.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading a team of support workers working alongside people with a disability to assist them to develop practical skills including; behaviour management, communication, coping strategies and problem-solving.
This role will be full-time, with at least one weekend shift per week, with some hands-on support work required, and rostered evening and weekend back-up. Please see the details of what we are looking for below:
This role offers:
• The chance to lead, motivate and inspire a team
• A collaborative and fun team environment
• Learning, development, and training opportunities
• A positive workplace culture
• Regular external supervision
We think the ideal candidate will have:
• Previous leadership experience in disability support or a social service environment
• Problem-solving skills in a challenging work environment
• Prior experience as a support worker, including working alongside people that may present with challenging behaviour
• An understanding of the importance of clear boundaries
• The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with peers and external stakeholders
• A willingness to cover shifts including evenings and weekends as and when required
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Knowledge of developing and maintaining rosters
• Financial acumen with an ability to manage and oversee budgets
• A relevant tertiary qualification (preferred)
• Knowledge of the Dunedin Community
Community Care Trust (CCT) is a longstanding community support organisation with our roots in Otago and Southland, however we also operate services in the Canterbury district, Oamaru and Central Otago and most recently the Nelson district with a reputation for ‘walking the talk.’
We have been providing support to people for over 26 years, but always bring a fresh and innovative approach to all that we do! Our team are an integral part of the magic, and bring a forward-thinking, collaborative approach with a strong desire to make a difference.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
WHAT WE REQUIRE & HOW TO APPLY:
- Have a current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one)
- A full current New Zealand Driver License
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand or hold a New Zealand work visa (with a minimum 12 months until expiry)
- Complete a level 3 NZ Certificate in Support Work (or higher)
Immediate start preferred.
Please send your expressions of interest, along with your CV and Cover Letter to Recruit@cct.org.nz before 5pm Monday 5th June 2023.