Support Workers - RIDSAS, Dunedin
Closes: 29 July, 2022 at 5:00 PM
SUPPORT WORKER – RIDSAS - DUNEDIN
(Regional Intellectual Disability Supported Accommodation Service)
Community Care Trust’s Vision is a world that truly values and celebrates diversity. To realise this vision, we work in partnership with people to enable them to have great lives.
We are seeking to employ up to 4 full time Support Workers to join our RIDSAS team in Dunedin.
The positions offer a variety of shifts, which will include mornings, days, evenings, sleep overs and wake overs shifts or a workable combination of, which will be discussed with applicants during the interview process .
Our RIDSAS team work alongside people who have committed a criminal offence, to support them with their rehabilitation goals. A few key factors to your success within this role will be your ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with people we support and with your team.
You would need to be resilient when dealing with challenging behaviour and be able to work through difficult situations.
Our team are diverse, dedicated and professional. We recognise the difference between good and great support they are well trained team and we invest significantly in this area.
We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our all of our employees.
You will be a welcome addition to our team if you:
- have a desire to make a difference
- have High levels of motivation
- have a can-do attitude
- have the ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- have a wide range of skills and interests that you are willing to share
- are able to manage challenging behaviour
- can be resilient and work through difficult situations
To work for us you must:
- hold a current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- hold a full current NZ Driver License
- have received two doses of Covid-19 vaccination and be willing to have a booster when eligible
- be eligible to work in New Zealand or have a valid visa with a minimum of 12 months until expiry
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
An immediate start is preferred, but willing to work with you on the commencement timeframe.
New applications are reviewed on a ROLLING basis, so go ahead and APPLY NOW. We can fill you in about what makes us unique at an INTERVIEW or holler if you have any QUESTIONS by contacting one of the People and Capability team at email@example.com or call 0800 800 001 and ask for David or Frankie.