Supported Living Team Leader Internship - Dunedin
Closes: 27 May, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Kia ora, are you wanting a new challenge, looking to grow your leadership skills, and interested in working in your Community? We have an exciting opportunity for a new Team Leader Internship as part of our Dunedin Supported Living team.
This role will be full-time, including some weekend and on-call shifts. Please see the details of what we are looking for below:
This role offers:
• The chance to lead, motivate and inspire a team
• A collaborative and fun team environment
• Learning, development, and training opportunities
• A positive workplace culture
• Regular external supervision
We think the ideal candidate will have:
• Previous leadership experience in disability support or a social service environment
• Problem-solving skills in a challenging work environment
• Prior experience as a support worker, including working alongside people that may present with challenging behaviour
• An understanding of the importance of clear boundaries
• The ability to build and maintain positive relationships with peers and external stakeholders
• A willingness to cover shifts including evenings and weekends as and when required
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Knowledge of developing and maintaining rosters
• Financial acumen with an ability to manage and oversee budgets
• Knowledge of the Dunedin Community
As Team Leader, you will be responsible for leading a team of support workers working alongside disabled people to assist them in developing practical skills including; behaviour management, communication, coping strategies and problem-solving.
- Have a current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- A full current NZ Driver's License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
- A level 3 NZ Certificate in Support Work (or higher)
- Be fully Covid-19 vaccinated, and willing to receive the booster when eligible
If you have any queries about the role you can call our support center on 03 4663055, and ask to speak to either David or Frankie from the People & Capability Team.
Please send your application, along with your CV and Cover Letter to Recruit@cct.org.nz before 5pm, Friday the 27th of May 2022. This may be extended.