COMMUNITY & EMPLOYMENT SERVICE - SUPPORT WORKER
Closes: 20 September, 2023 at 5:00 PM
COMMUNITY & EMPLOYMENT SERVICE
Full Time Position Available
Looking for an employment position that will reward you as you work?
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Interested in working alongside people doing something meaningful? Do you have an interest in?:
- Working with youth and diverse groups
- Our culture, community, and the environment
- Coaching and mentoring
- Sports and recreational activities
- Finding pathways to employment and further education
- Flexible working arrangements
This role is not supporting people in their own homes. This role is 100% community based and varied. It includes:
- Helping youth transitioning out of school
- Helping those that have been rehabilitated, following an accident, reintegrate into their community
- Facilitating groups to do activities and projects in the community
- Teaching employment skills
Our current pay rates are from $22.70 to $28.25 per hour.
WHAT WE REQUIRE:
To work for us you must:
- Hold a full current New Zealand driver's license
- Be legally eligible to work in New Zealand
- Have a VALID VISA with a minimum of 12 months until expiry
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one)
- The availability of a road legal motor vehicle for work related travel is required, with mileage costs to be reimbursed.
- Undergo vetting as we have a strong commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable people.
Community Care Trust (CCT) is a longstanding community support organisation with our roots in Otago and Southland, but we also operate services in the Canterbury district, Oamaru and Central Otago with a reputation for ‘walking the talk.’
Community Care Trust’s Vision is a world that truly values and celebrates diversity. We work in partnership with adults and youth across the South Island who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. We work alongside people to ensure they live the life they want and achieve their dreams and aspirations as valued and contributing people within their community.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
NEED TO KNOW MORE?
We can fill you in about what makes us unique at an interview or holler if you have any questions by contacting one of the People and Capability team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 800 001 and ask for David or Sandy.
If this sounds like you, please apply NOW!
If this position isn't for you, but you know of friends and/or whanau who you think would love to work for us, then please pass this advertisement onto them.
Applications close Wednesday 20th September 2023 at 5.00pm