Dunedin Support Workers - Full time, part time, casual
Closes: 27 August, 2021 at 4:00 PM
The specific needs of the person being supported determine that a male only team is required.
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Otago, Southland and Central Otago who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. This role involves working alongside people to ensure they live the life they want, that they achieve their dreams and aspirations and that they are a valued and contributing person within their community.
• A positive team environment, opportunities for connection and sharing skills
• Freedom and responsibility in the workplace
• An opportunity to share your hobbies/passions in the workplace
• Diverse work experiences dependent upon your interest area from youth, communication impairments, autism, and community living.
We want you if you have:
• High levels of motivation
• Have a strong character
• Problem solving skills in a challenging work environment
• The ability to use technology and can teach others
• Assertiveness and are able to use your initiative
• A desire to make a difference
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, professional supervision and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.
We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
If you have a genuine belief in the philosophy of “full inclusion” for people with disabilities and wish to be part of an awesome team, then please apply.
Applicants must have:
• Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
• Full current NZ Driver Licence and be eligible to work in New Zealand
• Must be able to work shift work and weekend work
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Starting rate is $21.50 - $27.00 dependent on qualifications and/or experience.
If you have any questions regarding this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call into our Support Centre 278 King Edward Street, South Dunedin.