Christchurch Support Worker
Closes: 26 August, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Are you an experienced support worker looking to join an innovative and progressive organisation?
- Rewarding and purposeful work
- Learning, development and training opportunities
- Autonomy and responsibility in the workplace
- The opportunity to join a team that “walks the talk” in delivering person-directed support
We want you if you have:
- High levels of motivation
- The ability to share skills and experience
- Problem solving skills in a challenging work environment
- The ability to work under pressure
- A desire to make a difference
- Previous experience and a passion for support work
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Christchurch, Dunedin, Central Otago, and Southland who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. This role involves working alongside people to ensure they live the life they want, that they achieve their dreams and aspirations and that they are a valued and contributing person within their community.
We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
If you have a genuine belief in the philosophy of “full inclusion” for people with disabilities and wish to be part of a team environment, then please apply.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Applicants must have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Must be able to work shift work and weekend work
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, professional supervision and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.
Starting rate is $21.50 - $27.00 dependent on qualifications and/or experience.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org