2. Support Workers - Dunedin
Closes: 12 November, 2021 at 4:00 PM
Support Workers – Dunedin
Full time and part time
Are you looking to join an innovative and progressive organisation that “walks the talk” and truly values the contribution of all employees?
- Rewarding and purposeful work
- Learning, development and training opportunities
- Autonomy and responsibility in the workplace
- A fun and cohesive team environment
We want you if you have:
- High levels of motivation
- The ability to share skills and experience
- Problem solving skills in a challenging work environment
- The ability to work under pressure
Community Care Trust works in partnership with adults and youth in Dunedin, Christchurch, Central Otago, and Southland who need some support in their lives to achieve their goals. We work alongside people to ensure they live the life they want, achieve their dreams and aspirations are a valued and contributing person within their community.
We have been awarded silver accreditation against the Investors in People Standard, demonstrating our commitment to realising the potential of our employees.
RIDSAS – supporting people who have committed a criminal offence with their rehabilitation goals. 2x full-time positions.
Support Living – supporting men at home and in the community. Preferred applicants will enjoy outdoor activities, sports, cars, woodwork. 4 x full-time positions.
Supported Living – supporting an older woman at home and in the community. Preferred applicants will enjoy sensory activities, quiet times, fashion and cups of tea. 2 x casual or part-time positions. Weekends only.
Permanent Relievers – working across 4-6 different services. Preferred applicants will enjoy variety and ideally have previous experience as a support worker. Rosters are set in advance, with some flexibility required. 5 weeks annual leave and a bonus of $250 payable after 3 months in the job. The specific needs of the people being supported in these services determine that a male only team is required. 4 x full-time positions.
Our organisation has a strong commitment to safeguarding children and any employees will be vetted to a level appropriate to the role for which they have applied.
Applicants must have:
- Current First Aid Certificate (or be willing to complete one at your own cost)
- Full current NZ Driver License and be eligible to work in New Zealand
- Covid-19 vaccination – 1st dose no later than 14 November, 2nd dose by 01 January
- Must be able to work shift work and weekend work
Successful applicants will receive training and orientation, professional mentoring and ongoing opportunities for further professional development including both internal and external training.
Starting rate is $21.50 - $27.00 dependent on qualifications and/or experience.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via our website. Closing date is 4pm Friday, 12 November 2021.